Download Mobile Navigon v1.70 from
Follow my previous blog to learn how to install Navigon on your iDevice. After that follow the steps below to install Panoramic View 3D on your iDevice.
Instructions on How-To get “Panoramic View 3D” working
1) Download Navigon 1.7 3D for Europe from below.
2) Unzip the file and you will get a folder named MN1.7-3D_EU or MN1.7-3D_US depending on which continent you choose.
Note: This tutorial deals ONLY with Windows OS.
3) SSH into your iPhone using WinSCP.
a) For speed, use i-FunBox to copy the files to the iDevice
b) For permissions, use WinSCP as directed below
4) Navigate to: /private/var/mobile/Applications/XXXXXXXXXXX-NAVIGON-Folder-XXXXXXXX
To find out Navigon App folder, follow these two steps below.
a) Launch SBSettings -> More -> App Folder -> Navigon
b) Write down the correct name of the folder as it is.
c) Navigate with i-FuxBox to that folder to perform the next steps
You will find these folders :
5) Now in the Navigon 1.7 3D folder extracted above, use i-FunBox for the following steps (a to c)…
a) copy the content (Terrain_EU.nfs) in the “Documents/Smap” to /private/var/mobile/Applications/XXX-NAVIGON-Folder-XXX/NAVIGON.app/Smap folder of the iDevice.
b) copy all the content (com.navigon.NavigonEurope) in the “Library/Preferences” to /private/var/mobile/Applications/XXX-NAVIGON-Folder-XXX/Library/Preferences folder of the iDevice.
c) copy “NAVGON” file from “NAVIGON.app” to /private/var/mobile/Applications/XXX-NAVIGON-Folder-XXX/NAVIGON.app folder of the iDevice
d) use WinSCP or iFile (from Cydia) to set the permissions 755
e) copy all the contents in the “Documents/Overmaps” to /private/var/mobile/Applications/XXX-NAVIGON-Folder-XXX/NAVIGON.app/Overmaps folder of the iDevice.
6) Now in /private/var/mobile/Applications/XXX-NAVIGON-Folder-XXX/Library/Caches folder, delete Specialmaps.dat.
7) Launch Navigon on your iDevice. Go to Main Menu > More > Options > Map view > Check Panorama View 3D.
What’s New In Version 1.7.0
1) Active Lane Assistant
Provides a realistic display of the actual course of the road including curves in a dynamic travelling animation. It not only shows you in good time which lane you need to change to, but also when.
2) Additional Travel and Restaurant guides (available through In App Purchase)
If getting from A to B is not enough for you a variety of additional guides will assist you in choosing the best restaurants, hotels and travel destinations.
3) Universal app for iPhone and iPad
Use NAVIGON MobileNavigator iPhone in an optimised version for your iPad.
4) Sharing stored Favourites between iOS devices
Do you use NAVIGON MobileNavigator on more than one Apple device? Then you can simply transfer saved Favourites from one device to the other, quickly and easily, via email.
Have you come across a change in traffic, such as a new roundabout? MyReport allows you to report changes in the road network simply and directly, by making an entry in your iPhone or iPad. Once they’ve been thoroughly checked by experts, your reports will be incorporated into one of our latest map releases.